Company Mission & History
Elkhart Brass is the industry's most experienced manufacturer of innovative firefighting and fire protection equipment. We manufacture 2,000 products used in virtually every aspect of fire fighting. Our products are found in fire departments around the world, building systems and off-shore drilling sites, as well as in military, marine and industrial firefighting applications.
Well known for its commitment to quality, value and customer service, Elkhart celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2002. In 2015, Elkhart Brass was acquired by Safe Fleet creating the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles. The combination of Elkhart Brass with FRC and Foam Pro enables the company to develop integrated systems of monitors, valves, foam proportioning and electronic controls for the global emergency market.
Headquartered in Belton, MO, Safe Fleet owns a portfolio of brands that provide increased functionality and integrated solutions for fleet vehicle manufacturers and operators around the world. These brands serve five major markets including: emergency services, bus and rail, truck and trailer, utility, and industrial. With almost 1000 employees, the Safe Fleet family of brands operates over 500,000 square feet of manufacturing space and targets markets with increasing demand for operator, passenger and pedestrian safety.
For more information about Safe Fleet please visit www.safefleetsolutions.com.
Elkhart Brass still operates at its original site in Elkhart, Indiana. In addition to manufacturing and management, the location also houses product research and development, engineering, and product testing.
|Elkhart Brass History|
- Company founded by Albert E. Hansen
- Offered first ball-type shut-off nozzle in the U.S.
- Mystery® Nozzle, America's first peripheral jet fog nozzle
- Developed a line of truck-mount deck guns
- Began making portable monitors
- Added the integral ball shut-off to the Mystery® nozzle in the Select-O-Stream® line
- Developed Select-O-Flow® nozzles, the industry's first constant flow, selectable gallonage nozzles
- Introduced Select-O-Matic® automatic nozzles, the first nozzles to operate on the availability of water rather than on pressure (still the company's best selling product)
- Opened an additional manufacturing site in Shreve, Ohio
- Introduced Chief® nozzles — a lightweight, simplified version of the Select-O-Flow® line
- Created a complete line of fireground appliances used with LDH
- Developed Stinger® monitors — the first product with quick disconnect to move from truck mount to ground mount (prior to Stinger, two separate pieces of equipment were needed)
- Developed a new generation of easier-to-operate Select-O-Matic® nozzles with more gallonage choices
- Introduced X-Stream® SM-2000 Select-O-Matic ® nozzle with gallonages from 500-2000 GPM
- Changed the face of firefighting again with W.E.T.™ (Wireless Electronic Technology) that allows remote controlled operation of monitors from up to 1/4 mile away
- Introduced Extender® which automatically raises Elkhart Brass compact monitors 18" above apparatus deck
- Introduced the Vulcan® monitor, the industry's most compact, lightest master stream device with flows up to 1250 GPM
- Developed low pressure handline nozzles, including break-apart options, all offering outstanding stream performance at 75 psi (and in some cases, 50 psi) in the Chief™, Phantom® , and Select-O-Matic® lines.
- Introduced RA.M.® — Rapid Attack Monitor — for quick deployment and easy one-man operation
- Put on the market the Unibody Valve line, featuring a cross-compatible apparatus ball valve and a butterfly valve with a robust, heavy-duty motor.
- Developed the Glow Bumper for handline nozzles to better enhance firefighter safety.
- Introduced EXM monitors with industry leading durability and first CANBUS J1939 communication capability
- Lead the market in UHP technology with monitors and nozzles uniquely designed for UHP applications
- Introduce the 8494CXC with patented cable drive technology for rapid, intuitive monitor control
- Elkhart Brass Joins Safe Fleet, industry leader in emergency vehicle products